Are You An Alcoholic? Take Our Alcohol Use Assessment
What Is Alcohol Use Disorder?
Alcoholism is a persistent condition where a person displays behaviors of problematic alcohol use that impede their life. The degrees of alcohol use disorder can vary, ranging from light to extreme addiction, and can negatively impact someone’s physical and mental health, employment or education, and social life.
What Are A Few Indicators Of Alcohol Use Disorder?
People with alcohol use disorder might be dealing with:
- Strong urges to drink
- Little or no control over their use
- Drinking that leads to negative consequences
- Physical and mental health issues directly related to alcohol use
- Disruptive work or school attendance caused by drinking
- Relationship issues caused by drinking
Is There A Cure For Alcoholism?
An alcohol use disorder cannot be cured in the traditional way, but a professional treatment center can teach you to understand the triggers and trauma for drinking and help you stay sober.
*This assessment should not be seen as a substitute for a proper clinical evaluation.