The first step in oxycodone recovery is detox at a credentialed facility. This is due to the fact that halting use on your own can give rise to unbearable -- or potentially fatal -- withdrawal symptoms. Rather than putting your life at risk, get the specialized guidance you require from our medically directed oxycodone detox. Sunrise Detox Center will keep you protected and advancing toward a lasting recovery.
If you are battling a substance use disorder, don’t wait. Contact 888-443-3869 to get admitted immediately.
Should I Enter OxyContin Detox?
More commonly referred to by the brand name OxyContin®, oxycodone is typically taken to address pain of a severe or chronic nature. Unfortunately, physiological and psychological dependence can occur quickly, especially when using in excess of or without a prescription.
There are several obvious indicators of addiction, including:
- Persistent compulsions to use
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when abstaining from use
- Developing a tolerance and needing more of the drug to get the same effect
- Using and obtaining the drug becomes more crucial than work and family responsibilities
- Withdrawing from family and friends
- Persistent irritability and mood swings
An addiction may show itself in numerous ways and your circumstances will unquestionably differ from others. Taking that into account, prevailing over an OxyContin addiction typically commences with detox to rid your system of the substance.
What Can I Expect From Oxycodone Detox At Sunrise?
Our well-trained medical professionals have two chief objectives. First and foremost, we will assist you in detoxing in a safe and effective fashion.
Next, we will lay the foundation for your complete recovery. We accomplish this through an individualized approach that commences with a thorough assessment once you get here. Consequently, we are able to design detox services that match your particular circumstances.
You will have an individualized treatment plan to lead you and a devoted team to assist you 24 hours a day. We’ll frequently track your vital signs and handle any withdrawal symptoms, including:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Insomnia and restlessness
- Agitation and irritability
- Body and muscle aches
- Increased heart rate and high blood pressure
Handling withdrawal with established medication lets you securely rid your system of OxyContin. We’ll also ensure your comfort and encourage your general health at our detox center with relaxing bedrooms, nutritious meals, and access to drinks and snacks all day long.
When you’re up for it, you’ll have the option to participate in personal and group therapy sessions. This will let you examine the triggers of your oxycodone disorder and prepare you for the next step of rehab.
How Long Is OxyContin Detox?
Due to the fact that we take a personalized approach to your detox, the total time you spend here can vary. The main goal is a safe and successful detox and we’ll do whatever is needed to achieve this. The total length of your residence may be influenced by:
- The extent of your OxyContin use
- Your physical health
- How responsive you are to treatment
- Previous medical care
As a general rule, individuals are able to successfully detox in a week to 10 days. Whenever you’re stable and readied with an aftercare plan, we’ll assist you in locating and enrolling in the right rehab program for your needs.
How Can Sunrise Ensure My Safety During OxyContin Detox?
Sunrise Detox Center takes a two-part approach to keep you safe. First, we help you navigate potentially hazardous withdrawal symptoms. Next, we’ll make sure you steer clear of an additional addiction to detox meds used in weaning you off OxyContin. It’s a balancing act our medical professionals successfully deal with daily.
Our dedication to keeping you safe includes:
- 24-hour support from experienced healthcare providers
- A structured surrounding clear of Oxycodone triggers
- Individualized plans of treatment specific to your needs
- Aftercare planning to give you the next steps of your recovery
- Strict patient privacy rules enforced to protect your private information and treatment details
An additional facet of your safety is the use of detox meds like Suboxone. This medicine is unlikely to cause an additional addiction and is proven effective in detoxing from opioids.
When administering Suboxone, we adhere to the ensuing practices:
- We do not use Suboxone in the beginning stages of detox as it can cause precipitated withdrawal
- We’ll administer a trial dose and monitor your response
- We’ll adjust as needed or shift to other treatment options
- Eventually, we’ll expertly wean you off Suboxone